The Pet en l'air that I started way back in January is done. And it has been worn to two separate events since then. The gown was made without any machine stitching. All hand-done. I realize I need to change my 'Statement of Purpose' on my blog home page, since it states my desire to make a hand-made gown in the future and that has happened! :) Without further ado, below are some of the process pictures and the final gown being worn to an 18th century Russian dinner in February.
|The main pieces are put together and ready for binding at the neck.|
|The back pleats are sewn down through all layers. I do have a lining that laces up the back underneath to fit the gown body to my corset.|
|The robings are added and the stomacher started.|
|Close-up of the trimmings using the fashion fabric.|
|I pleated the robings.|
|Back view of the decorated bodice.|
Stay tuned for more reviews of what I have been up to!
1880's summer bustle gown for a picnic