Musings of a Lady

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter all!

I want to wish you all a happy Easter and for those of you who celebrate Passover, cheers as well!  My spring break is coming to an end, sigh but I am finishing it with a little dinner for my parents.  Maria at Fuschia's 18th Century dress blog challenged many of us to incorporate 18th century style in our modern dress, well I have taken it a bit further and have begun to add it to my lifestyle - little things here and there.  I love to cook, so I made rolled biscuits, baked a cake and cooked up some southern favorites liberally based on some plantation recipes for black eyed peas and greens.  Mother is bringing a family chicken dish.  Holidays give me an excuse to decorate the table a bit, so here are some shots.  I found the cutest, tiniest pineapple - the favorite symbol of hospitality from the 18th century southern and island cultures.  Here ya, go...
The green and pink grassy bits I found at Target and it is edible 'grass' from Germany.  It was a great find. 

Before I sign off, I want to thank those of you who have joined in to follow my blog.  You don't know how appreciative I am that you are interested in following along.  I have many projects coming up so I hope to be blogging a little more frequently over the next few months, so stay tuned.  Cheers.

3 comments:

Mia said...

Ms. Angela,
I found your blog through a link at Romantic History, and was so excited to find another re-enactor! Although right now I only portray the 1860's era, your 18th century outfits are so inspiring :)
I love the 1940-50's fashions as well, so it was a delight to hear that you went to a themed benefit party, and even made your dress-- how wonderful!
I'd love for you to stop by my blog!!

*Mia

Rowenna said...

What a lovely table! I love the pineapple as a symbol of hospitality--one of my eighteenth-century friends gave my husband and I a pineapple as a wedding gift--it was one of my favorites :)

Angela said...

Thank you Ladies for visiting! I signed up to follow you on your blog Rowenna. Mia, is there a way to sign-up and follow your blog? Thanks for checking in and keep in touch. More to come.