I started a Pierrot a while back and have a chance to finish it for a picnic this coming weekend. I have always wanted to make something similar to this little darling in the Kyoto Museum collection:
I purchased a tie silk from Discount Fabrics on Ashby ages ago and decided it would work well for this. Unfortunately the triple stripe pattern only goes one way so I had to do some fancy work with the cutting. Here it is in progress:
I used the JP Ryan Robe a l'Anglaise bodice pattern. It has become my basic sloper for any of my 18th century dresses from Polonaise to round gowns. I think the tails are a bit long but we shall see how it looks with skirt, et al. Progress is being made - up dates to come!