Musings of a Lady

Monday, November 14, 2011

Le Modiste: Final corset fitting

Well, another UFO completed!  Opportunity knocked this past wet, cozy weekend to stay home and sit at my sewing machine and get some stitching done.  The rosebud corset I started this summer finally got its finishing touches and taken over to Lacis, in Berkeley, California http://www.lacis.com for its grommets. Lacis has all the equipment you need to put in grommets for corsetry for a minimal fee and all the help and advise you can want.

The original post for the corset was this one:  http://lachatelainechocolat.blogspot.com/2011/07/le-modiste-summer-of-underwear.html

Ta...da....!


The silk is super fine so I can already see that I will have issues with the boning coming through at the bottom edges.  In hindsight I should have put a middle layer so that the bones would go between the mid and layer and the coutil.  As I don't do Victorian events that often I may be okay.   I love this one.  I haven't made a corset in a long time so I have to pat myself on the back a bit.

Next posting:  How the Victorian day dress is coming.

5 comments:

Rowenna said...

It's beautiful! Even if it's not the most durable, it's a lovely piece that I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing :)

Angela said...

Thanks! I have a professionally made corset that I also love but it is heavily boned and I don't really enjoy wearing it. But this one is light weight and easy to wear. Thanks for visiting.

Madame Berg said...

That could be the sweetest fabric ever... So cute!

The Lady Ship said...

Yes, the fabric is really lovely!

Angela said...

Thank you ladies. It is a remnant from a friend. I was so lucky to have just enough to make this little confection.