Musings of a Lady

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

An Honor has been bestowed!



Sabine at  Kleidung um 1800 http://kleidungum1800.blogspot.com/ has awarded me the Liebster Blog award!  Sabine was recently awarded this award as well.  I must, first mention that, her nominators were certainly right to do so.  Sabine's blog is a wonderful source of creativity and information that with each visit there is a delight!  In the great tradition of blog honors and awards, Sabine has in turn given several other bloggers a 'shout out' for what they contribute to the community of creative people all over the world.  I am so pleased that Sabine thought highly enough of my blog to want to give me this wonderful 'hurrah!'

Per the protocol, I would like to share this award with 5 more blogs that I believe deserve a applause and commendation:

I would like to award this to Phil at Costumes de Phil http://philcostumes.blogspot.com/  His work is amazing!  Many of our fellow historical costume bloggers have been ladies but this gentleman is a wiz at tailoring historical men's fashions.  Very much eye candy to be sure.  Phil may not post often, as he is sewing and attending many period events in France but it is worth the wait when he produces his works of art.  He posts in French and English.

Madame Isis' Toilette http://madameisistoilette.blogspot.com/.  Her blog is fascinating and covers the area of fashionable period cosmetics.  I have always been interested in stillroom activities and the home remedies and chemistry that our foremothers used before the chemists and drug stores in our world came on the scene.  A definite must for the historical researcher.

Green Martha http://green-martha.blogspot.com/  Is another delightful blog to follow.   Marion Brégier is fun to follow.  Her post are full of information and she provides lots of visuals, too.  Her children are delightful in their historical fashions!  Her posts are all in French but you can use the 'translation' button.

Angela Thornhill at http://themerrydressmaker.blogspot.com/  in Ohio, posts about her historical re-enactments and sewing projects.  Her posts are very visual and full of information.  A definite stop for creative historical bloggers.

Last but not least, I want to also shout out for Rowenna at Hyaline Prosaic http://hyalineprosaic.blogspot.com/  She isn't currently posting because I think she is having her first baby!  However when she posts her work is beautiful!  She is involved in re-enactments in Indiana, USA.

There are so many more that I can mention but these are the five I wish to give a 'shout out' to for contributing so much to the historical community.  Now, my business is not done.  I will be emailing all 5 people and letting them know of my support of their work.    As receivers of this award, I ask Phil, Isis, Marion, Angela and Rowenna, to:
  1. Add the award icon to your blog!
  2. Link to your nominater to say "thank you“
  3. Nominate 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers.


Thank you again, Sabine!  Thank you all who have just joined me and those who have been with me since the beginning.  Your faith in my work, your supportive comments and your cyber friendship is happy light of love and respect, thank you.


Coming up next:
A 1930's summer dress!

3 comments:

Cynthia Griffith said...

Thank you so much for sharing Phil's link! I was complaining recently about a lack of blogs for costuming gents. My husband, who would never consider costuming if it weren't for me, loves to have inspiration to look at, and I think men's clothing is just as wonderful to look at and study.

Congratulations on your recognition!

Angie said...

Angela, thank you, thank you! I about choked on my tea - lol! ;)

Angela said...

Angela and Isis, you are welcome! It was my pleasure to recognize both of you. Cynthia I think the guys get left out though many ladies like Lady of Portland House, Diary of a Mantua maker and the like tailor/sew for their men-folk and share. However to have a guy as talented as Phil is wonderful! CHeers, all!